Board Members - Bio Page
Comm. Don Totino, OAM
A young enterprising migrant arrived in Australia in the late 60's has been self-employed since 18 years old forging a better life for himself and his family in Australia through what Don knows best hard work & determination.
After owning his own barber shop, chicken & pizza shop, liquor manufacturing company he founded Festival City Wines, one of SA's biggest independent food & liquor wholesalers importing, exporting, manufacturing and distributing well known quality goods and brands.
Over the years he has been President & vice president, chaired or served on boards, been part of countless committees of many charitable organisations, assisting to raise millions in funds including but not limited to founding the Festival City Challenge Cup, the St Hilarion Building Appeal, the Adelaide Italian Chamber of Commerce, Associazione Beneficienza Calabrese, SAIGC, 5rti Radio Italiana, CIC, Novita, SPARC, Robinson Institute, Oncology at QEH, just to list a few.
Appointed and currently serving in the South Australian Multicultural Commission.
Awarded an OAM, Cavaliere, and then Commendatore the third highest ranking in the Italian Order of Merits all awards for his outstanding and continued service & promotion of industry and charitable organisations.
An avid wine lover, maker, he enjoys to spend any free time he has on his small family vineyard in the Adelaide Hills and produce quality South Australian wines for Totino Estate Wines with an Italian touch most importantly he loves to share family traditions learnt whilst back in Italy as a young man with his grandchildren.
Born in Adelaide, 1971.
- Studied at Blackfriars Priory School, a Catholic School, run by the Dominican Order, where he graduated in 1988.
- Studied the following at University;
- Bachelor of Arts (Completed 1st Year)
- University of Adelaide - 1990
- Bachelor of Applied Science In Building Studies
- University of South Australia Graduated 1994
- Graduate Diploma in Management
- University of South Australia Graduated 1996
- Masters of Business Administration
- University of South Australia Graduated 1998
In 1993 Mario joined the family business and has continued to run the business for the last 25 years.
In 2018, the business celebrated its 60th Anniversary for business in South Australia.
Managing Director of three successful South Australian Companies;
Romaldi Constructions Pty;
Adelaide Plumbing Pty Ltd & Premier Civil (SA) Pty Ltd
Mario has been a committed advocate to the South Australia Construction Industry through involvement in professional organisations and a committee member to many external organisations.
Extremely active in the community and community minded via many different fundraising and sponsorship efforts both personally and professionally with involvement in many different community organisations. Mario has also been heavily involved with the promotion of Italian heritage and culture.
Mario is an active member of many community based clubs associations and professional organisations and has been very active in philanthropy within these organisations for example sponsoring the following events;
- Leukaemia Foundation (Raising over $300,000 through events)
- Faith, Hope Charity Financial Supporter for over 5 years
- Salvation Army Soup Kitchen - Volunteer
- Adelaide City Soccer Club (Sponsor since 2011 Ongoing)
- BOSA Soccer Club
- Radio Italiana Various Sponsorships (ongoing)
- Radio Italiana Construction of New Studio and Community Room
- Dream Ride / Special Olympics
- Hypa (Helping Young People Achieve)
- Living Without Limits Foundation Donation for new bus
- St Hilarion Aged Care Major Benefactor
- Dante Alighieri Furioso Exhibition
- University of SA Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Program
- Australian Briscola Tournament (2016,2017 & 2018)
Mario continues to involve himself in many other fundraising committees to better benefit the wider community such as the Italian Earthquake Appeals which raised $200,000. The Benevento Flood Relief which raised $100,000 and now he has taken leadership to coordinate for some relief for the Athens Fire Fund within the Italian Community.
- Has been employed as a tertiary Lecturer in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland with a career in education spanning over 25 years.
- Specialising in all aspects of Business Administration skills in Virtual Enterprise Learning, face to face and online delivery facilitating training to adults in achieving these skills for their future or current employment.
- She has worked with a diverse range of students from long term unemployed from a disadvantaged background, students with disabilities and also students from a non-English speaking background (Co-ordinator of NESB Program responsible/ accountable for government funding for this program).
- She is dedicated and accepts new challenges.
- Born in Adelaide with Italian heritage, fluent in the Italian language and understands the Italian culture.
- Current Vice President of the San Giorgio Martire Committee.
- A Life Member of the San Giorgio La Molara Community Centre.
- A Life Member of the Campania Club.
Armando Cirillo FIPA, CTA, NTAA
- Public Accountant in Private Practice since 1986
- Registered Tax Agent
- Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants and member of:
- The Taxation Institute of Australia
- National Tax Agent Association
- Treasurer of the Italian Village during fundraiser period.
- Treasurer of the Anzano Club Youth Group.
- Member Saint Hilarion Building Appeal
- Chairperson for the Mater Christi Parish Finance Committee
- Treasurer of Radio Italiana 531 for the past 19 Years.
Cav. Dr. Antonio Cocchiaro AM, MBBS, FRACGP
- General Medical Practitioner since 1975
- MBBS Adelaide 1974, FRACGP 2007
- Member of the Order of Australia for services to Multiculturalism and the Italian Community, 2004
- Cavaliere Repubblica Italiana, 2007
- President Radio Televisione Italiana since 2012-2018
- Past Chair Australia Day Council of S.A., Past Chair Multicultural Communities Council of S.A., Past Chair Multicultural and Ethnic Affairs Commission of S.A., Past President Coordinating Italian Committee
Libero Iannella BA(Acc), FCPA
- Born in Torrecuso Italy & arrived in Australia in 1953
- Education Lockleys Primary School, Henley High School & the Institute of Technology (Now UniSA)
- Employment Commonwealth Bank, Australian Taxation Office and in Public Practice as a Certified Practising Accountant since 1975.
- President of the Torrecuso Club.
- Life Governor Campania Club
- Past Secretary of Adelaide City Soccer Club, Inaugural Secretary of the SA Italian Golf Club, Former Committee Member & Vice President of Anfe, Former Committee Member of CIC & Co-Ordinator of the Italian Festival (Now Carnevale) at Norwood Oval.
- Life Member, Committee Member and Sponsor of Radio Italiana 531 for over a decade.
- Aim has always been to assist the Radio Italiana 531 and the community wherever possible.
- Over the years I have organised several fundraising functions. These are a few of the fundraising functions organised and many more, all of which that were successful and memorable to the Italian Radio Station and participants such as:- Annual Ball Dinner Dance, China Trip, Kangaroo Island Trip, and Boat Cruise
Building & Maintenance Director
Joe Tripodi O.A.M
- Current Chairman of Building Committee for The Norwood Football Club
- Current Managing Director of The Tripodi Group of Companies (45 years)
- Past President of the Earthmovers Association (now known as the Civil Contractors Federation)
- Past President of the Adelaide Italian Lions Club
- Past President of The Norwood Football Club (8 years service)
- Current Patron of The Norwood Football Club
- Norwood Football Club Hall of Fame Inductee
- Civil Contractors Federation Hall of Fame Inductee
- Life Member of The Norwood Football Club
- Life Member of The Civil Contractors Federation
- Member of The Knights of Malta Priory of Adelaide
- Arrived in Australia in 1972
- Qualified Chef
- Textile Mechanic
- Owner and Proprietor of Paradise Pizza for 25 Years.
- Member of the Eastern Suburban Soccer Club for 15 Years (Coach, President, Public Relations Officer)
- South Australian Italian Gold Club (Social, Public Relations, Captain)
- Member and Active Within Radio Italiana 531 Since 1997.
Special Events Director
Born 1954, San Giorgio La Molara Italy, and emigrated 1958 to Adelaide.
Community involvement included but not limited to:
- Voluntary Caterer to Variety Bashj SA
- Life Governor Campania Club, Modbury
- Life Member San Giorgio la Molara Community Centre, Glynde
- Life Member Molisani Association of South Australia
- Deputy Chair of the Defence Reserve Support Council of SA
Professional Career in the Hospitality Industry:
Restaurants: (Opened and Managed)
- 1979 la Mensa
- 1981 Alfresco
- 1982 Marco Polo
- 1984 Fasta Pasta
- 1986 Via Veneto
- 1989 Settebello
in additional Several hotels
Giuseppe (Joe) Tripodi
Personal Information coming soon...
Migrated to Australia in 2003, Giovanna immediately immersed herself into the Italian community in South Australia, supporting and volunteering to various associations.
Giovanna has been volunteering with Radio Italiana 531 since migrating to Australia as a programmer and since 2015 member of Radio Italian 531 directive committee.
Giovanna, has a passion for assisting and organising events to bring the Italian community together.
- Since 2013, Member of the Parish Pastoral Council, St Francis of Assisi Church, Newton;
- Since 2015, Member of the San Giorgio Martire, Committee;
- Since 2015, Member of the San Francesco D'Assisi Committee.
- Born in Adelaide with Italian heritage, fluent in the Italian language and understands the Italian culture.
- Programmer on Radio Italiana 531 since 2008, focusing on engaging the second/third generation from Italian background to the Radio.
- Currently employed in the Food & Wine sector as a Procurement Professional including import trade from Italy.
- Previously employed in State Government for over 20 years predominantly as executive and project assistant to various Government Boards & Committees.
- Previous Member of St. Joseph's Parish Tranmere Council & Finance Committee.
- 2008: Coordinator for World Youth Day 2008 organising host families and activities for the pilgrims from Italy and India.
Legal Advisor and Grievance Officer
Ms Clementina Maione
- Sole Legal Practitioner of Maione Lawyers
- Admission to Practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in the High Court of Australia and Supreme Court of South Australia since 2005
- Vice President of the Liberal Party (SA)
- President Newland SEC
- Legal Adviser for Radio Italiana 5RTI since 2005
- Legal Adviser for Campbelltown City Soccer Club
- Member of the Board of Federazione delle Associazioni dei Campani in Sud Australia
- Member of Catholics in Business
- Member of Adelaide Business and Professionals
- Member of Liberal Women's Council
- Former President of Saint Ignatius College Parents and Friends Association
- Former President of Campania Sports and Social Club Community Centre Inc.
- Former Treasurer of Bond University Law Students' Association
- Former Resident Fellow of Bond University Resident Council Co